Tuesday, April 9, 2019

On Longing Exercise

On Longing Exercise



"The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale"

The image above represents depth in an image of how small we are compared to an ocean and sky present.


"Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience"

This Quote represents this image accurately cause I have a medal from a 13.1 half marathon I ran and the medal is used to represent the miles and distance I ran in that race as well as my experience I had while running the race.




"The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the three dimensional int the miniature that which can be enveloped by the body"

Not entirely sure what that means but to me I love this image I captured its in time square where every second a new news heading is displayed. I waited for the perfect moment to capture a memerable heading such as "They became best friends"



"To have a souvenir of the exotic is to posses both a specimen and a trophy"

I believe this suits the quote it's of a squirrel moments before it decided to jump to another branch. I believe every photo taken is a souvenir its a moment captured in time that will almost never happen again. Sure there are moments similar but never that singular moment.



"The place of origin must remain unavailable in order for desire to be generated"
You most likely don't know where this photo was taken unless I tell you that the mind is left to its imagination. In which case possibly makes a person appreciate a photo more. to be able to experience something from somewhere else without even traveling to the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment