Sunday, May 5, 2019

Memento: Ode to a Broken Heart



Ode to a Broken Heart: have you ever loved someone so much that when things inevitably end your just left heart broken. It's a piece that looks broken but you were to push it back together it might just fit . It wont be the same but it might just fit.

The process I used to create this was piecing to cylinder cardboard pieces together one slightly raised up. and pouring wood glue at the bond sprayed with cooking nonstick oil, which created a clear cover at the bottom. This allowed me to pour more wood clue and a spiraling down toothpaste with wood glue all over it mixed with non stick oil. I then placed it in the oven at 350 for about 5 or 10 minutes.

After taking it out I then cut a straight line down on both sides and split it open revealing the toothpaste and cooked wood glue that expanded as it baked. I would like to think it represent self healing Trying to piece everything back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment